The Strauss Health Sciences Library’s Exhibits Committee presents
Art from the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Community
“Art from the University of Colorado Denver Community” is an exhibition presented by the Exhibits Committee of the Strauss Health Sciences Library. There are many talented artists among the faculty, staff, and students on our campuses. This juried exhibition, running Wednesday, September 1, 2021 through Friday, November 12, 2021, is an opportunity for us to learn about our talented co-workers, teachers, and students.
- CU Denver faculty, staff or students from Anschutz Medical Campus or the Denver Campus.
- Artwork must be created by the artist and not copied from any copyrighted material or photographs.
- Submissions media – photography, paintings, computer generated, two-dimensional artwork, sculpture, miniatures, fabric art, etc. ** At this time we cannot accept audio and video submissions.
- Exhibition space is limited
- Three pieces maximum per artist
- All pieces must be labeled and identified on the back or bottom with the following information – title, artist name, phone number
- There are no entry fees
- All art must remain in place for the duration of the show
- All wall mounted pieces must have wire to hang on the gallery’s cable system – NO saw tooth hangers.
- The library has two pedestals available for 3-D work.
- Below is an example to wire mount 2-D art work (OR take to Hobby Lobby or Michaels for framing).
- Artists will need to complete the online form by Friday, July 30, 2021 by 3:00 pm. No drop-offs accepted.
- Dimensions of each piece must be included. If piece is framed, include frame dimensions.
Required: A digital image of each piece must be included, png, gif, jpg, jpeg files accepted – max 2 MB per image. Image titles must match the title of the piece.
- You will be notified by Monday, August 9, 2021 if your piece(s) are accepted or not. If accepted, you will be given further information at that time about delivery and pick-up of your piece(s).
- An Opening Reception will be held on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 from 3:00 to 5:30pm.
- Work that is for sale must be priced.
- The artist will handle all sales.
Delivery and Return of Accepted Work
- Deliver your artwork(s) by: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 to Friday, August 27, 2021 – Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Pick-up your artwork(s) by: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 to Tuesday, November 30, 2021 – Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
* If you are from the CU Denver campus, please email Debra Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop-off and pick-up of artwork(s).
The Strauss Health Sciences Library Exhibit Committee will judge all artwork in accordance with the Strauss Health Sciences Library Exhibit Policy and Procedures. The decisions of the Committee are final.
- Artists/exhibitors agree to let the library photograph their artwork to be used for any University of Colorado purpose including publications, advertisements, or similar print, video or electronic media.