Conditions and Permissions
This fee schedule and conditions apply to items in select special collections located at the Strauss Health Sciences Library or in the institutional repository, CU Anschutz Digital Collections (link will open in new window).
Applicable collections include, but are not limited to: archival collections, artifacts collection, institutional repository, rare books, and photograph collections (negatives and originals).
- Requester assumes all responsibility regarding questions of copyright or invasion of privacy that may arise in the use of material that has been reproduced by the Strauss Health Science Library. In many cases, the Strauss Health Sciences Library owns only the physical item, not the literary property or copyright. It is the requester’s responsibility to secure permission from the appropriate copyright holder to quote, publish, or reproduce items from the Strauss Health Sciences Library collections.
- The Strauss Health Sciences Library gives no exclusive rights for the use of its material. Permission is granted for a one-time use only. Any subsequent use of an image requires the written permission of the Library and the payment of additional fees.
- The Strauss Health Sciences Library reserves the right to restrict reproduction of materials due to condition, size, copyright, staff availability or donor requirements.
- Publication of any document or image from the Strauss Health Sciences Library must be accompanied by proper credit: “Courtesy of the Strauss Health Sciences Library, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.”
Fees for Duplication/Image Use
Payment must be received before scans or photocopies can be delivered.
- Anschutz Affiliates: Free
- Non-Anschutz Affiliates:
- Nonprofit or Personal Use: Free
- Commercial Use: $50 per image
- Delivery Medium Fee:
- Electronic delivery (via Email or cloud-based): Free
- CD/DVD: $5
- Fax: $1 per page
- Flash drive: $10
- Shipping & Handling: $5 (Domestic), $10 (International)
(Last Updated: November 2020)