If this is your first time ordering and you wish to use our interlibrary loan borrowing and in-house document delivery services then...
Register with ILLiad to set up an interlibrary loan account.
- You must be affiliated with Anschutz and CU or be a resident of the State of Colorado and general public member to use our interlibrary loan services (ILL).
- Strauss Library ILL is a fee-based service for some, free for others. Some service fees apply to unaffiliated general public, UC Health, and other semi-affiliated users who are volunteer faculty/staff of some sort and not directly paid by the University. If you work for hospital systems like Denver Health, the VA, etc. and depending your status with Anschutz Schools you may be eligible for lesser fees or none at all--it depends.
- ILL Office staff may obtain from you during the registration process credit card or speedtype information if fees apply to you
- Requests are processed as received, first come, first serve and rush service is not available--we process and fulfill requests as quickly as we can but priority is given to University student/faculty/staff requests over public unaffiliated user requests.
- If you are paid University faculty and staff of CU Anschutz, regular School of Medicine faculty paid by affiliate hospitals like Denver Health or the VA, volunteer clinical/faculty, retired CU Anschutz faculty, CU Anschutz fellow, CU Anschutz visiting scholar or visiting students, or a CU Medicine employee, then you are eligible for ILL services at no direct cost. Service policy is below.
- If you are an CU Anschutz enrolled student and paying CU Anschutz student fees, then you are eligible for ILL services at no direct cost. Service policy for students is below.
- If you are a paid GME Resident of the University, you are eligible for ILL services at no direct cost. Service policy for GME Residents is below and is no different than free service to paid faculty and staff at CU Anschutz.
- If you work at Children’s Hospital Colorado , you are eligible for ILL services from the CHC Library and the fees could be lower. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The ILLiad registration process asks you for contact information and you create an ILLiad username and password so you can login and order materials, receive email notifications, and login to ILLiad to pick up electronically delivered material 24/7 online. Articles and book chapters are usually delivered in PDF to your ILLiad space. Books and other returnables we receive from other libraries can be picked up at Strauss Health Sciences Library.
- If your status requires you to pay, you will NOT be asked to enter any credit card information by the ILLiad registration form. You will provide that later by contacting our office or we shall contact you after you submit the ILLiad registration form.
Can't remember whether you have an account? Contact ILL at 303-724-2111 or email@example.com.
ILL/DocDel hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
Students eligible for this service at no direct cost are those CU Anschutz health sciences students actively enrolled during the term and who have paid the Academic Support Fee of the Anschutz campus.
How Will the Service Work?
- Students wishing to participate first need to register with ILLiad. ILLiad is the library's online user system for interlibrary loan and document delivery request management. With ILLiad, students create an account, place requests and login to ILLiad to pickup and receive PDFs of article copies they have requested.
- Registration turnaround is usually 24 hours during the Mon-Fri hours of the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Department, 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Student requests will be supplied at no direct cost to the student user. The service is intended for the academic needs of the student; use for other purposes is discouraged
- Please Note: ILL/DocDel will not accept requests from students for course textbooks. The service is not a means for obtaining required class textbooks.
- Requests for articles in the library’s collection will usually be filled within 48 hours, Mon-Fri; article copies and materials outside the Strauss Health Sciences Library collection borrowed from other libraries can take five to ten days. Some requests may not be filled for various reasons.
- Rush request service (same day or less than 24 hours) is not available.
How to Register with ILLiad and begin using interlibrary loan services;
- Register with ILLiad @ https://library-cuanschutz.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/firsttime.html. Just be sure to select your status as Student on the ILLiad registration form and indicate the School you belong to--Medicine, Nursing, etc.
- Or go to the library’s homepage
- At the bottom area on the homepage, see Featured Links & click on Interlibrary Loan under Services
- At the ILLiad login page, follow the “First time users” click here link.
Faculty, Staff, Univ GME Residents and other Primary Users Service Policy for Free ILL
Users eligible are: paid University faculty and staff of CU Anschutz, paid Univ GME residents, faculty paid by affiliate hospitals like National Jewish or the VA, volunteer clinical/faculty, retired CU Anschutz faculty, CU Anschutz fellows, CU Anschutz visiting scholars and visiting students, and CU Medicine employees.
How will the service work?
- Faculty/staff who want to participate need to register with ILLiad. ILLiad is the library’s online user system for interlibrary loan and document delivery request management. With ILLiad, you create an account, place requests and login to ILLiad to pickup and receive PDFs of article copies they have requested.
- Registration turnaround is usually 24 hours during the Mon-Fri hours of the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Department, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Requests for articles in the library’s collection will usually be filled within 48 hours, Mon-Fri; article copies and materials outside the Strauss Health Sciences Library collection borrowed from other libraries can take from 3 to 10 days. Some requests may not be filled for various reasons.
- Rush service is not available.
How to register:
- At the ILLiad login page (https://library-cuanschutz.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html), follow the “First time users click here” link.
- Register with ILLiad @ https://library-cuanschutz.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/firsttime.html
Questions about ILL Services: