Effective Monday, June 29, 2020
The Professional Literature Search Service is currently on hiatus until the Fall semester to restructure the service.
- If you are able to delay the start of your project, please fill out the form to be added to the waiting list. We will contact you for further details on your project when we reopen the service in the fall semester.
- In addition to or as an alternative, you can get assistance in the meantime by meeting with a librarian searcher who can help construct an initial search strategy in PubMed or Ovid MEDLINE on your topic and discuss other tools and resources. You will be responsible for translating the search for additional databases and compiling your search results. Request a consultation through AskUs.
- To learn more about literature searching and systematic reviews, you can consult these tutorials and websites:
- Strauss Library tutorials "Introduction to Systematic Reviews"
- Coursera "Introduction to Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses"
- Strauss Library guide on "Systematic Reviews and Searching the Literature"
- Yale University video series on Systematic Review Searches.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the service. Any questions, please contact us through the AskUs service.
About the Professional Literature Search Service
Librarians who work with the Professional Literature Search Service conduct searches to find relevant studies for different types of reviews. Typical users of the service include:
- Researchers working on a systematic review or meta-analysis. Librarians are often collaborators on these projects. Please see the Memorandum of Understanding describing responsibilities of the principal investigator and the librarian searcher.
- Researchers working on background literature reviews for a grant proposal or book chapter
- Clinicians developing evidence summaries
- Healthcare staff working on a quality improvement project
For systematic reviews, the Strauss Library licenses Covidence, software that aids researchers in screening and data extraction. Read more about how to set up a CU Anschutz account.