Guest library card: Colorado Libraries Collaborate! (CLC) Borrower Policy
Policy Statement: Strauss Health Sciences Library offers reciprocal borrowing privileges to community members who are Colorado Libraries Collaborate! (CLC) program participants.
CLC applicants must have a picture I.D., proof of address and a current card from a participating CLC library.
- Acceptable forms of picture I.D.: driver’s license, passport, school I.D., or any other government-issued document showing a photo and borrower’s name.
- Acceptable forms of proof of address: driver’s license, check book, car registration, pay stub (with address), mail with a current postmark, bill, mortgage or lease agreement, or any official document with borrower’s name and current address.
- It is the CLC borrower’s responsibility to be in good standing at their home library. Cardholders not in good standing may not be eligible to borrow materials from Strauss Library.
- CLC borrowers are responsible for understanding and abiding by the rules and policies of the Strauss Health Sciences Library. CLC cardholders may check out up to 10 items at a time, with two renewals permitted after the initial two-week checkout period. Access the library policies page here.
- Please allow 3-5 days for verification of home library status. Upon verification, a Strauss Library card will be mailed to the address given on the account application.
- CLC borrowers are responsible for all materials checked out on their cards. Strauss Library items returned via the CLiC courier system are the borrower’s responsibility until they arrive at Strauss Library.
- Any materials borrowed by a CLC borrower are subject to Strauss Library loan policies and due dates.
- CLC borrowers are allowed access to most Strauss Library subscription databases from library computers.
- A parent or guardian’s signature is required on applications submitted by borrowers under age 16.
- An individual application is required of each borrower associated with a law firm or other business.
- Local public library definitions and policies on identification, circulation policies, loan periods, and returns may differ.
- Participating CLC libraries can be found in the Directory of Colorado Libraries, http://www.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/resource-sharing/clc/clc-member-libraries/.