- Health for the Whole Child Conference October 30, 2019 part of the Future Trends in Healthcare Conference Series, additional information can be found here: https://library.cuanschutz.edu/health-whole-child-2019
- September 10th, WATCH THE VIDEO and SLIDES Ayurveda: An Introduction , Susan Bernhardt, Affiliate Faculty, Integrative Health Care Program Metropolitan State University of Denver.
- February 19th, WATCH THE VIDEO and SLIDES. Exploring the Razor's Edge: Masculine Discourse in Provider-Patient Relations, Steven Rissman, N.D. Associate Professor, Department of Health Professions at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
- September 25th, WATCH THE VIDEO Food as Medicine Lauren Grossman, MD, MS, Medical Director, UCHealth Integrative Medicine Center. Handout
- February 20th, WATCH THE VIDEO Mindfulness Stress Reduction. Peggy Sheean, MD, Kaiser Permanente
- January 18th, VIDEO and SLIDES Bringing Health and Care, all day event.
2011 to 2017
- September 6th, WATCH THE VIDEO Naturopathic Approaches to IBS, Joshua Goldenberg, ND, The Goldenberg GI Center. Slides.
- May 3rd, WATCH THE VIDEO Introduction to Homeopathic Medicine and a Treasure Chest of New Possibilities, Nicholas Nossaman, M.D., D.Ht.. Slides
- April 17th, WATCH THE VIDEO Five Herbs Commonly Encountered in a Clinical Setting. Linda B. White Tribute. Monika Nuffer, PharmD, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Slides .
- November 16th, VIDEO and SLIDES Future Trends in Health Care: An Integrative Approach to Health and Wellness, all day event.
- November 10th, WATCH THE VIDEO HASHing It Out: Medical Uses for Cannabis. Laura Borgelt, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS. Associate Dean of Administration and Operations and Professor, Anschutz Medical Campus, Departments of Clinical Pharmacy and Family Medicine. Powerpoint slides.
- October 19th, WATCH THE VIDEO The Human Mircrobiome and Health. Robert Rountree, MD, Boulder Wellcare. Powerpoint slides.
- March 28, 2016 WATCH THE VIDEO The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness. Treating the Whole Person, Cameron Froude, PhD LMFT and Randall Reitz, PhD LMFT, St Mary's Family Medicine Residency, Grand Junction, CO. Powerpoint slides.
- October 6, 2015 Wellness: What is it and Why do you want it? James O. Hill, PhD, Executive Director Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, University of Colorado.
- September 24, 2015 WATCH THE VIDEO Healing Through Spiritual Methods, Khenpo Tshewang, Principal of Nalanda Buddhist Institute of Mongar Bhutan.
- September 9, 2015. WATCH THE VIDEO Strauss-Wisneski Lecture. Focus on Women and Integrative Health, Annie Nedrow, MD, MBA, Women's Integrated Services in Health, University of Colorado.
- May 13, 2015. WATCH THE VIDEO (Note: there is no audio for the first 15 minutes): The Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Colorado. PDF of slides. Lisa W. Corbin, MD, Medical Director, Integrative Medicine, University of Colorado.
- March 25, 2015, WATCH THE VIDEO: Integrative Healthcare in the United States: Past, Present, and Future | Strauss-Wisneski Indigenous and Integrative Medicine Collection Lecture. Leonard A. Wisneski, MD, FACP; Chair of the Board of the Integrative Healthcare Policy Consortium.
- October 22, 2014: Acupuncture: Evidence, Benefits and Uses. Daisy Dong, L.Ac. CMD, MHA, MA, MSOM, University of Colorado Health, Center for Integrative Medicine.
- October 22, 2013: Touching the Moment: An Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. Paul T. Deger, MA, LPC, PT.
- March 4, 2013: Exploring Hózhó: An Autoethnography of the Diné Hózhóójíí. Michelle Kahn-John, MSN, APRN, College of Nursing, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- May 29, 2013: The Clinical Pharmacology of Medical Cannabis. Kari L Franson, PharmD, PhD, BCPP; Associate Dean for Professional Education, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy.
- October 31, 2012 : Thoughts as Things: Placebo Effects and the Brain Systems that Regulate Pain and Emotion. Tor D. Wager, PhD, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Institute for Cognitive Science, University of Colorado Boulder.
- October 10, 2012: Herbal Products: Complementary or Confusion? Monika Nuffer, PharmD, University of Colorado, School of Pharmacy.
- April 16, 2012, An Introduction to Naturopathic Clinical Theory and its Application in the Practice of Naturopathic Medicine, Louise Edwards,ND.
- October 11, 2011: Introduction to Ayurveda. The Science of Life, Nita Desai, MD, East/West Integrated Medicine, Boulder.
- September 14, 2011, Designing Communities for Health Rather Than Illness, Sandra H. Stenmark, MD, Physician Lead of Colorado Pediatric Cardiovascular Health, Kaiser Permanente, Denver. You can check out a CD recording of this lecture.
- August 16, 2011 Yoga and Meditation.Ancient Teachings to Modern Science with Julie Staples, PhD, The Center for Mind-Body Medicine and Georgetown University School of Medicine. You can check out a CD recording of this lecture.
2007 to 2010
- Several of these lectures are available for checkout as recordings on CD-ROM.
- September 27, 2010 Creative Arts Therapy as Catalyst for Healing with Katharine Reed, ATR, LPC, and Tony Edelblute, LPC, MT-BC, Ponzio Creative Arts Therapy Program.
- August 4, 2010. 2nd Annual Dance of the Flower Medicine. Curanderismo: Partnering for Healthy Communities: 1.) "Laugh Therapy," Dr Arturo Ornelas Lizardi and Maestra Rita Navarrete Perez, 2.), Dr. Arturo Ornelas Lizardi and Maestro Valentine Silveti Garcia. You can check out a CD recording of this lecture.
- April 19, 2010 A Journey into Chinese Medicine. A Lecture and Photo Slide Show of TCM in China with Sylvia Salcedo Rojas, L.Ac. Metropolitan State College of Denver, Jie Casey, Metropolitan State College of Denver, and Linda B. White, M.D., Metropolitan State College of Denver. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- February 16, 2010 The Ravens Gift. A Scientist, A Shaman and their Remarkable Journey Through the Siberian Wilderness with author Jon Turk. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- January 21, 2010 LEAP: An Innovative Acuppressure Approach to the Resolution of Specific Learning Difficulties, with Charles Krebs, PhD, Director of Melbourne Applied Physiology Pty, Ltd and developer of LEAP, Learning Enhancement Advanced Program. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- Nov 11th, 2009 The Ecology of the Child: A Post-Modern View of Pediatric Mental Health with Scott Shannon, MD, Children's Hospital Colorado and the University of Colorado Hospital. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- Sep 8th, 2009, Watch the video: Bioenergetic Medicine with Leonard A. Wisneski, MD, FACP, George Washington University School of Medicine and Georgetown University. Location: Health Sciences Library, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- Aug 5th, 2009, Watch the video: Curanderismo. Traditional Mexican Healing. 1.) Susto. Magical Fright and Fear with Dr. Arturo Ornelas Lizardi, Director del Centro de Desarrollo Humano hacia la Comunidad, A.C. y Maestro en Masaje Energético; and General Conditions, Limpas, and 2.) Emotional Upset with Velia Herrera Arrendondo, Curandera.
- Nov 3rd, 2008, Watch the video: Integrative Medicine: History and State of the Practice in the United States, with Leonard A. Wisneski, MD, FACP, George Washington University School of Medicine and Georgetown University.
- Sep 3, 2008, Watch the video: The Top Five Herbs Your Patients Are Using, with Linda B. White, MD, Metropolitan State College. [Please note that there are technical problems on and off during the first 5-6 minutes of the recording.] You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- May 13, 2008, Complementary and Alternative Medicine and MS: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Dietary Supplements, with Allen C. Bowling, MD, PhD, Rocky Mountain MS Center, University of Colorado Denver.
- February 19, 2008, Naturopathic Medicine: An Overview of the Philosophy and Training of Naturopathic Physicians, with Steven M. Rissman, ND, Metropolitan State College of Denver.
- November 5, 2007, Integrative Medicine: What the Health? with Lisa Corbin, MD, CU Anschutz Medical Campus.
- May 15, 2007 Medicinal Plant Selection Criteria among the Tzeltal Maya of Chiapas, Mexico with John Brett, PhD, Denison Memorial Library, UCHSC
If you have any questions about the collection, the committee, or the lecture series, please contact Administration at 303-724-2143 or HSL-Admin@ucdenver.edu