The Health Sciences Library’s Exhibits Committee presents
Art from the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Community
“Art from the University of Colorado Denver Community” is an exhibition presented by the Exhibits Committee of the Health Sciences Library. There are many talented artists among the faculty, staff and students on our campuses. This juried exhibition, running Wednesday, December 4, 2019 - Friday, February 28, 2020, is an opportunity for us to learn about our talented co-workers, teachers, and students.
- CU Denver faculty, staff or students from either campus (Anschutz Medical Campus or Denver Campus).
- Artwork must be created by the artist and not copied from any copyrighted material or photographs.
- Submissions media – photography, paintings, computer generated, two-dimensional artwork, sculpture, miniatures, fabric art, etc.
- Exhibition space is limited
- Three pieces maximum per artist
- All pieces must be labeled and identified on the back or bottom with the following information – title, artist name, phone number
- There are no entry fees
- All art must remain in place for the duration of the show
- All wall mounted pieces must have wire to hang on the gallery’s cable system – NO saw tooth hangers.
- The library has two pedestals available for 3-D work.
- Below is an example to wire mount 2-D art work (OR take to Hobby Lobby or Michaels for framing).
- Artists will need to complete the online form by Friday, November 8, 2019. No drop-offs accepted.
- Dimensions of each piece must be included. If piece is framed, include frame dimensions.
Required: A digital image of each piece must be included , JPG files only – max 2 MB per image. Image titles must match the title of the piece.
- You will be notified by Tuesday, November 19, 2019 if your piece(s) are accepted or not. If accepted, you will be given further information at that time about delivery and pick-up of your piece(s).
- An Opening Reception will be held on Thursday, December 5, 2019 from 3:00 to 5:30pm.
- Work that is for sale must be priced.
- The artist will handle all sales.
Delivery and Return of Accepted Work
- Deliver your artwork(s) during the Library's open hours, by: Tuesday, November 19 to Monday, December 2, 2019.
- Pick-up your artwork(s) during the Library's open hours, by: Friday, February 28 to Thursday, March 12. 2020.
The Health Sciences Library Exhibit Committee will judge all artwork in accordance with the Health Sciences Library Exhibit Policy and Procedures. The decisions of the Committee are final.
- Artists/exhibitors agree to let the library photograph their artwork to be used for any University of Colorado purpose including publications, advertisements, or similar print, video or electronic media.