Changes coming for Strauss Library building access
As the academic and research programs proceed with reconstitution, the Strauss Health Sciences Library is implementing new procedures to ensure social distancing and related campus requirements are met. These changes are necessary to ensure the library environment is as safe as possible for all library users.
Starting Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the following procedures will be required:
- Library building accessible hours will be Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 p.m. All users must exit the building at closing.
- You will not be able to use your badge to enter the library outside of those hours.
- There will be a screening station outside of the library from 7:00 am – 10:00 am and from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. To enter the library building at other times, proceed to the screening station at Hensel-Phelps (RC1N entrance) to be screened and receive a wristband.
- Everyone entering the library building must first pass through a screening station to complete a health questionnaire, have their temperature checked and receive a wristband.
- Masks must be worn at all times. If you are alone in a room with a closed door the mask can be removed.
- Cleaning kits will be provided to clean workspaces at the beginning and end of work.
- Campus ID badges must be worn at all times.
- Library users must be in one of 50 identified rooms with a closed door or on a computer workstation on the 1st floor of the building.
- If desired, users can make reservations online ahead of time for one of the 50 identified group or individual study rooms.