** Due to restrictions on campus due to Covid, this policy is superseded by the Covid Room Reservation policy. **
Study Rooms in Strauss Health Sciences Library are for use by CU Anschutz and other CU-affiliated users only.
Public users are strongly encouraged to study in open public areas and tables provided around the library and not inside study rooms. Rooms/spaces that fall under this policy have the policy posted in the room/space.
- Study rooms are reserved for use at all times by University of Colorado students/staff/faculty and other university affiliates
- Appropriate ID is required to use the room
- University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus badge IDs, other CU campus badges, affiliated centers and hospital ID badges are recognized—University users are encouraged to carry campus badge at all times per Chancellor policy
- User/s in a study room may be asked at any time for appropriate badge ID by library staff or other university users needing to use the room
- Inability to produce proper ID forfeits the right to use the study room
- In the case of group study rooms for multiple people, groups have priority over single individuals
- The library reserves the right to occasionally ask for badges and the status of customers in study rooms in order to maximize the availability of study rooms for the CU academic community
Group Study Rooms Reservation & Use Policy Details:
- All the rooms listed can be booked for group study but not for individual study
- Groups are defined as two or more people;
- Groups cannot reserve rooms more than 4 hours on any given day;
- You must use your @ucdenver.edu or @cuanschutz.edu email address to use this service;
- Please keep confirmation emails of your reservation which provide proof of your booking and a link to cancel the booking yourself anytime;
- Students must make their own reservations using this online system and should cancel if you do not need the room;
- The library's regular business hours always overrule this calendar and reservations of the group study room are valid only on days/hours the library is open;
- Groups arriving more than 30 minutes after their reservation forfeit their time to any group who has walked in without reservation; late groups or groups without reservations have priority over single individuals in the room at any time, which is consistent with the library's policy;
- Groups/individuals who find belongings left unattended in the rooms should go to the service desk on the 1st floor and ask for assistance; library staff will carefully move the belongings and temporarily store them behind the first floor service desk;
- Our expectation is that students will abide by this policy, respect other users and groups, and work with library staff and their fellow students if/when conflict over the room occurs.
Single Study Room Reservation & Use Policy Details:
- All rooms listed are intended for single person use;
- Individuals cannot reserve rooms more than 4 consecutive hours on any given day;
- You must be a CU Anschutz campus student/staff/faculty to reserve these rooms and use your @ucdenver.edu or @cuanschutz.edu email address to reserve these rooms;
- Rooms 2406D, 2406L and 2406U thru 2406X can only be accessed by users with an Anschutz campus ID badge. Library staff will not let you into 2406 Study Zone rooms;
- Please save your confirmation email. You may need it as proof of your booking, or use it to cancel the booking anytime to free up the room for someone else;
- Individual users arriving more than 30 minutes after their time forfeit their reservation;
- Individuals who find belongings left unattended in the rooms should go to the 1st floor Service Desk and ask for assistance;
- Our expectation is that students will abide by this policy, respect other users, and work with library staff and their fellow students if/when conflict over the room occurs.